How do I know if I have an STI?
The only way to know for sure if you have an STI is to have regular testing for STIs.
Still, it’s important to know what’s normal for your body. If you notice something that isn’t normal for you, get it checked out. Some things that might not be normal could be things like:
- Discharge (yellow, white or greenish liquid) from the vagina or penis
- Bleeding that is different than a normal period
- Bumps or sores around the vagina, penis, anus (butthole), or mouth
- Burning or pain while peeing
- Itching around the vagina or penis or in the pubic hair
- Stomach pain, or pain during sex